- A Bachelor Degree from Recognized University (or) UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with minimum 2 years working experience
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-Speaking Country, must provide evidence of English language competency
- 1 Time Payment (5% Discount) = 5605 USD
- 2 Times Payment = 2950 + 2950 USD
- 3 Times Payment = 1967 + 1967 + 1967 USD
- 5 Times Payment = 1180 + 1180 + 1180 + 1180 + 1180 USD
- Management Consultant
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Agent
- External Auditor
- Financial Analyst
- Bank Manager
- Chief Financial Officer CFO
- Students who want to be a professional banker
International MBF – MSc in Banking & Finance (Awarded by London Business University)
Dual Qualification - International MSc in Banking & Finance (Awarded by London Business University) and Post Grad Diploma in Banking & Finance - P.G.D (Awarded by London Business University) Delivered by LBU International (Singapore)
This Program is designed to provide students to achieve the following goals:
- By connecting research and practice, the International MSc in Banking and Finance enables you to develop a deep understanding of the core role of the global banking industry, and provides practical opportunities to apply your knowledge.
- The course positions you for a successful career by developing your theoretical and case study knowledge and strengthening your critical thinking, communication and market research skills and leads you to contribute in International Banking Industry.
- Graduates typically find work in banks, insurance companies or other institutional settings internationally.
Course Delivery Mode – Delivered by LBU International (Singapore)
- 100% Online Classes
- Learning Contents (100% Live Discussion + Final Assessment)
- 100% International Doctorate Lecturers
- Language of Instruction = 100% English
- 180 Credits
- Strategic Human Resource Management (10 Credits)
- Strategic Marketing (10 Credits)
- Operation & Project Management (10 Credits)
- Strategic Financial Management (10 Credits)
- International Financial Markets and Institutions (10 Credits)
- International Banking and Financial Regulations (20 Credits)
- Corporate Finance and Insurance (10 Credits)
- Asset and Risk Management For Banking (10 Credits)
- Technology: Risk and regulation in the digital age (10 Credits)
- Business Analytics (10 Credits)
- Commercial & Investment Portfolio Management (10 Credits)
- Dissertation (60 Credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management
Strategic human resource management is the foundation of a strong business because, when properly applied, it ensures that the company as a whole is working together to reach its goals. This gives the business a greater chance to succeed. Demonstrate an understanding of key terms, theories/concepts and practices within the field of HRM. Demonstrate competence in development and problem-solving in the area of HR Management and leadership role while upgrading your time management skills and provide innovative solutions to problems in the fields of HRM.
- Strategic Marketing
Strategic Marketing is the use of marketing disciplines to achieve organizational goals by developing and maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage. It addresses high-level considerations such as what markets to target, which services to offer and how to price and promote them. Think strategically about marketing issues and provide recommendations on marketing related matters. Successfully work as a team. Deliver a marketing related presentation in a professional, engaging manner. This course will cover Marketing, Sales, Public Relation, Corporate Branding, Customer Service and Design Thinking for new products.
- Operation & Project Management
The primary objective of operations management, is to utilize the resources of the organization, to create such products or services that satisfy the needs of the consumers, by providing “right thing at the right price, place and time”.
Project management theory, terms, concepts, case studies, project management tools and practices are introduced in this course. Students will discover the project life cycle and learn how to build a successful project from pre-implementation to completion.
- Strategic Financial Management
Strategic financial management’s main objective is to make profits for the company and ensure that the business gets a positive return on investment (ROI). In a nutshell, strategic financial management involves financial decision-making, developing financial plans, and creating financial controls. Upon successful completion of Financial Management, the student will be able to: Demonstrate an understanding of the overall role and importance of the finance function. Demonstrate basic finance management knowledge (Working Capital, Budgeting, Financial Statements, Treasury and Trade) and Communicate effectively using standard business terminology.
- International Financial Markets and Institutions
Topics include development of money and financial markets and financial flows analysis; intermediation; economic role of the different financial institutions; determination of interest rates and yield curve analysis in financial markets; exchange rates and money supply; sources of short-term, medium-term and long-term finance; sources of overseas borrowing; an introduction to interest rate and exchange rate management; performance of the financial system.
- International Banking and Financial Regulations
Topics include the latest international banking regulatory concerns, geographic focus of banking in Europe, Asia and less developed economies; the European monetary system; Euromarkets; trade finance and trade facilitation agencies; country risk analysis, credit, policies and SWIFT.
- Corporate Finance and Insurance
Cases in corporate finance is an innovative module based on case method teaching. The module aims to foster the ability to write a structured financial analysis of a business within the context of its market(s) of operation. In terms of learning process, the module makes use of real cases, including, for example, Apple and Boeing vs. Airbus.
Demonstrate knowledge of insurance contracts and provisions, and the features of property-liability insurance, life and health insurance, and employee benefit plans. Demonstrate knowledge of the operation and management of insurance entities, and the economic implications of organizational design and structure.
- Asset and Risk Management For Banking
The module is designed to give an insight into the risk management process and how capital is allocated. We identify the main sources of risk experienced by financial institutions such as credit, market, liquidity, and operational risks. Methods for quantifying and managing risk are explored in detail with an emphasis on understanding factors affecting Value at Risk (VAR) calculations. Finally, we see how reporting standards, regulation and innovation have transformed the way financial institutions operate and what can we learn from recent risk management failures.
- Technology: Risk and regulation in the digital age
The use of technology involves the consideration of a complex range of ethical and legal issues. Executives charged with understanding and addressing these issues must exhibit knowledge not just of the technology itself, but also of the regulatory regimes and compliance mechanisms that governs its’ use.
This unit introduces you to ‘big data’, machine learning, rules-based decision-making, natural language processing, cyber-security, electronic instruments, digital signatures and Fintech, etc.
- Business Analytics
Business analytics takes a data-driven approach to the world of business, using statistics and data modeling to develop new business insights. This involves analyzing data about a business’s past performance to predict how it will perform in the future and make business decisions accordingly. Power BI will also be introduced in this subject.
- Commercial & Investment Portfolio Management
The aim of this module is to develop an understanding of the international financial system and its associated risks given the ever evolving regulatory regime. On successful completion, students should be able to critically understand, evaluate and question the operations of banks and of nonbank financial institutions, the process of deposit creation, the term structure of interest rates, the supply and demand of loanable funds, and the role of Central Banks. More importantly students should be competent in the analysis, interpretation and assessment of all facets and aspects of financial risk and its management.
Learning Content (3 Trimesters)
- Lecture Session
- Final Assessment
- 11 Subs x Assignments
Student Benefits from LBU
- Learn from Highly Experienced International Lecturers holding PhD Degrees.
- Internationally recognized for further studies and employment around the world.
- Study World Class UK, EU and Singapore Qualifications with flexible cost while stay-at-home without spending living expenses.
- Learn with Hybrid Virtual Classroom via online or classroom learning.
- 95 % of LBU Graduates are in Employment or Further Study within 6 months after successful Graduation.
- 96.5 % of UOC Graduates are in Employment or Further Study within 6 months after successful Graduation.
- Your visa will be considered as high priority after successful graduation from UoC Degree Programs (according to the rules and policy of the UK government).
- Students may attend Graduation Ceremony in UK, EU or Relevant Countries according to their Degrees (expense incurred by the student).
- Eligible students are able to apply for MRCCI Membership, BCCM Membership and CPD Hours from MEC.
- Student can purchase Exclusive British Chamber of Commerce Student Package and can register for General Assessment Record for promoting career opportunities. (Application Fees may apply)
- LBU will provide students with Official Private emails with LBU education domain (example – firstname.lastname@example.org), so that students can study with full privacy and can access Global Education Benefits by using LBU education email.
- LBU students will have license version access to 26 Microsoft Applications including word, power point, excel, project, etc., powered by Microsoft.
- LBU will provide students Cloud Storage start from 50 GB to 5000 GB based on individual need for educational purposes.
- Access to LBU E-Library.
- Flexible & Secure Payment via Visa, Master Cards and Bank Transfer.
- Professional Diploma Students will have their credit and fee carried to MBA Programs with direct exemption of studied subjects.
Terms and Conditions
- Student will achieve relevant Vocational or Academic certificate, diploma or degree recognized by locally and internationally awarding body after studying in London Business University. Awarding body may change or be replaced with the same standard or higher standard institution with the decision from Academic Council.
- Students will have to study in Student Portal and Live Discussion with Microsoft Team and will have to submit weekly pilot tests and final assessments in 3 semesters through Student Portal.