- Diploma or Degree Holder
- Minimum 3 years working experience for Non-Degree or Non-Diploma candidates
- 1 Time Payment (5% Discount) = 285 USD
- 2 Times Payment = 150 + 150 USD
- Government Officers
- Projector Directors
- Project Managers
- Construction Mangers
- Project Coordinators
Professional Diploma in Urban Planning (Awarded by London Business University)
This Program is designed to provide students to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance skills to develop land by using plans and programs that help create communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize physical facilities in towns, cities, counties, and metropolitan areas.
Course Delivery Mode
- LBU COP &
- LBU International
- 10 Credits
- Introduction of Urban Planning
- Ancient Urban Planning
- Ancient cities
- Egyptian cities
- Greek cities
- Roman cities
- Medieval cities
- Renaissance cities
- Ancient Urban Planning in India
- Ancient Indian cities
- Ancient urban planning rules in India
- Indian cities during Mughal period
- Modern Urban Planning
- Industrial Revolution and its impact
- Modern urban planning initiatives
- Modern urban planning concepts and case studies
- Urban Planning Legislation
- Important committees
- IDSMT Scheme
- Important Sections of Land Acquisition Act and case studies
- Development Plan
- The need
- Goals and Objectives
- Scores and Contents
- Procedure for preparation
- Plan implementation
- Public participation
- General Guidelines of Development Plan
- Important Measures in Development Plan
- Zoning regulation
- Density of population
- Sub-division regulations
- Floor area ratio (FAR)
- Factors to be considered in Development Plan and case studies
- Importance of housing
- housing problems in India
- National housing policy
- Housing agencies
- Housing finance institutions
- National housing Bank
- Commercial banks Housing co-operatives
- Neighborhood concept
- The concept and case studies
- Traffic and Transportation
- Importance of transportation
- National transportation policy
- Important transport components
- Characteristics of traffic
- Transportation planning process
- Survey Analysis and model building
- Surveys of transportation planning
- Traffic control at junctions
- Parking and case studies
- Landscape Design
- Importance of landscape design
- National Building Code of India 1983 guidelines
- Greenbelts and Landscaping
- Norms for planting of shrubs and trees
- Landscape design process
- Data collection
- Preliminary design
- Final design
- Post design and case studies
- Urban Conversation
- Pro-conversative arguments
- Anti-conversation arguments
- Identification of heritage buildings and case study
- Planning Standards
- The Basic Framework
- Distribution of landuse
- Developed area average densities
- Work Force
- Proposed landuse structure of urban centres in plain areas
- Proposed landuse structure in hill towns
- Physical infrastructure
- Water supply
- Water requirement for institutional buildings
- Water requirement for industrial units
- Solid waste disposal
- Social infrastructure
- Education facilities
- Health care facilities
- Socio-cultural facilities
- Distribution services
- Commercial activity
- Hierarchy of commercial centres
- Areas of commercial centres
- Distribution of shops by type
- Norms for informal sector activities
- Variations in norms and standards by size of settlement
- Small towns
- Medium size towns
- Large and Metro cities
- Urban Planning Terminology
- Bench mark
- Building bye-laws
- Building height
- Building line
- Building setback
- Development area
- Detached building
- Dwelling unit
- Green belt
- Habitable room
- Master Plan
- Metropolitan city
- Non-conforming use
- Open scape
- Plinth area
- Primate city
- Real Estate
- Row buildings
- Ribbon development
- Semi-detached building
- Urban agglomeration
- Urban renewal
- Urban sprawl
- Examination (via Online)
Academic Progression to MBA Programs
- Professional Diploma Students will have their credits (10) and fee (paid) carried to any MBA (or) MPM Programs in London Business University with direct exemption of studied subjects.
Student Benefits from LBU
- Learn from Highly Experienced International Lecturers holding PhD Degrees.
- Internationally recognized for further studies and employment around the world.
- Study World Class UK, EU and Singapore Qualifications with flexible cost while stay-at-home without spending living expenses.
- Learn with Hybrid Virtual Classroom via online or classroom learning.
- 95 % of LBU Graduates are in Employment or Further Study within 6 months after successful Graduation.
- 96.5 % of UOC Graduates are in Employment or Further Study within 6 months after successful Graduation.
- Your visa will be considered as high priority after successful graduation from UoC Degree Programs (according to the rules and policy of the UK government).
- Students may attend Graduation Ceremony in UK, EU or Relevant Countries according to their Degrees (expense incurred by the student).
- Eligible students are able to apply for MRCCI Membership, BCCM Membership and CPD Hours from MEC.
- Student can purchase Exclusive British Chamber of Commerce Student Package and can register for General Assessment Record for promoting career opportunities. (Application Fees may apply)
- LBU will provide students with Official Private emails with LBU education domain (example – firstname.lastname@example.org), so that students can study with full privacy and can access Global Education Benefits by using LBU education email.
- LBU students will have license version access to 26 Microsoft Applications including word, power point, excel, project, etc., powered by Microsoft.
- LBU will provide students Cloud Storage start from 50 GB to 5000 GB based on individual need for educational purposes.
- Access to LBU E-Library.
- Flexible & Secure Payment via Visa, Master Cards and Bank Transfer.
- Professional Diploma Students will have their credit and fee carried to MBA Programs with direct exemption of studied subjects.
LBU COP – Enroll Now and Study Immediately.
LBU International – Please contact school for Start Dates.
Curriculum is empty